Saturday 28 February 2015

THE FAULT IN OUR PANTS by STEVE LOOKNER

The Fault in Our PantsThe Fault in Our Pants by Steve Lookner
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

BOOK DESCRIPTION:
As I was approaching the mall exit, this cute
little girl with barretted braids appeared in front of me and said,
"What's that in your nose?"
"They're called cannula," I said. "These tubes give me oxygen, which helps me breathe."
"Would they help me breathe, too?" she asked.
"I dunno, wanna try?"
"Nah," she replied, "I don't wanna look like a weirdo."
"Wanna know a secret?" I asked.
"Yeah!"
I licked my finger and rubbed it on her arm. "I just gave you cancer," I whispered.

MY REVIEW: The fault with THE FAULT IN OUR PANTS is the fault of the author who has written what I consider to be a very weak parody of THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green - at least, that is what I thought after reading about 30% of the book and giving up on it. I like a good parody. The best parodies are of those that are about things that, in reality, are pretty awful. The problem, of course, is that I liked the book THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. So parodying something that is good just doesn't work for me. Maybe if the parodying was clever it might have worked. But what I read of the FAULT IN OUR PANTS is quite pathetic humour which essentially follows the storyline of the book and inserts what might be called schoolboy jokes every few lines. Not worth reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment